Did you know that more collect calls are made on Father's Day than any other day of the year? It's great to call Dad and tell him you're thinking of him on Father's Day, but do you really need to stick him with the bill, too? Just because you're on a budget, that doesn't mean you can't possibly find a good Father's Day gift for Dad. We've put together 20 great gift ideas under $20 that could be the perfect Father's Day gift this year.
Bridge for Dummies - $12.50
- The title of this book is a little misleading, because bridge is absolutely a thinking person's game, and Bridge for Dummies
is a great introduction to a wonderful hobby. If your dad likes a mental challenge, he'll love learning and competing in bridge. There are bridge clubs in just about every town in America, so once he's learned the game, he can enjoy it as a social outlet, too. In fact, since it is a partnership game, it could be a great way for your parents to get out together.Steak Grilling Kit from Wind & Weather - $19.95
- What dad doesn't love to fire up the grill and rule as king of the back yard on a nice summer day? This star-quality grill kit from celebrity chef Steve Raichlen includes a bag of wood chips (hickory, oak, mesquite), 10 oz. bottle of sauce (tropical fruits, green peppercorns, Dijon mustard), 2 button-style thermometers, and 4.36 oz. package of rub (black, green, chipotle peppers). On sale for $19.95, it's just what Dad needs to make his BBQ the best on the block.PedEgg Pro Pedicure Foot File for Men - $9.99
- Pedicures aren't just for ladies anymore. But it takes a man very secure in his masculinity to go into a nail salon and ask for one. The PedEgg Pro for Men is a do-it-yourself tool for Dad to pamper his feet in the privacy of his own home, so he doesn't have to worry about being seen in one of those girly boutiques.Ironman Spray from AVON - $19.50
- Designed with strong triathletes in mind, AVON's Ironman Spray is a fusion of energizing lime and exotic spices spiked with rich woods; a nice manly body spray for Dad.Range Kleen Silicon Whisks 3-pk - $11.99
- If Dad loves to cook, he'll definitely appreciate any new kitchen gadgets. These dishwasher-safe silicon whisks are a useful and convenient little tool.Dad's Favorite Team Baseball Cap - $14.99
- You can never go wrong with a classic baseball cap. His college, your college, his favorite pro team -- they make them for every team in every sport. This isn't a gift that should be too hard to find.Auto Heat/Warm Travel Coffee Mug - $14.95
- If your dad likes to get his coffee to go, this travel mug is perfect for him. He can plug it into his car cigarette lighter to keep his coffee hot while he's on the road.
All Day Gourmet Flavored Coffee - $8.75
- Dad will need something to put in that coffee mug. Why not get him some delicious gourmet coffee in his favorite flavors. Leatherman Micra Tool - $18.86
- Leatherman pocket tools are super convenient, compact little tools that Dad can carry with him everywhere. You never know when you'll need a pair of scissors or a bottle opener in a pinch. Valeo 4 Regulation Weightlifting Belt - $19.99
- If your dad is a gym rat, he'd probably love some new fitness gear. If he lifts a lot of weights, a good weightlifting belt would make a great gift. Trudeau Laguiole Waiters Corkscrew - $19.99
- Dads who appreciate wine and drink it often probably already own nice corkscrews, but people who drink nice wine on special occasions -- maybe once every few months or so -- may never have thought to buy a corkscrew, but find themselves wanting one when it's time to entertain. This waiter's corkscrew is nice looking and easy to use.Lindt Lindor Chocolate Truffles Assortment: 50CT Bag - $19.50
- If your dad has a sweet tooth, you can't go wrong with Lindt truffles on Father's Day. This assorted bag comes with all their most popular flavors: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, and 60% extra dark chocolate. Yummy...Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy - $12.99
- Does your dad spend a lot of time in the garden? If so, this bucket caddy might be something he could really use. It fits onto the outside of a bucket and has pockets for all the small tools and bags of seeds Dad will need while he's out playing in the dirt.Flower Seeds and Bulbs - $5 or less
- Seeds also make a great gift for any Dad who loves his garden. Get him an assortment of flowers, herbs, or vegetables that tend to thrive in the cilmate where he lives, and the blossoms will be a happy reminder of his thoughtful children as long as they grow and bloom. Seeds and bulbs also make a nice supplemental gift to the bucket caddy
.Perky Pet Four Fountain Hummingbird Feeder - $12.99
- Does your dad have a favorite place in the house just to sit and relax? Every man's house has a "Dad's chair." If he likes gazing outside and checking out nature, try installing this hummingbird feeder outside the window, and see how many new visitors will come to feast outside Dad's window.Crocs Athens Flip Flops - $19.99
- Crocs aren't just for kids anymore! These flip flops are some of the most comfortable shoes you can get. Perfect for summer, perfect for Dad.Remington NE-300 Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer - $5.95
- Maybe this is more of a gift for your mom and the other people that look at your dad, but we're suggesting it for Father's Day anyway. When a man reaches a certain point of maturity, ears and nostrils tend to get a little overgrown. This gift will keep Dad looking his best.Homedics Ortho+Therapy Memory Foam Neck Pillow - $13.89
- Neck pillows like this one are great for frequent travelers, or for just getting a little more comfortable while watching TV and unwinding at home. Get one for Dad to put in his carry-on luggage, or in his favorite chair at home.CD's - $15
- There's music for every occasion, and Father's Day is no exception. You can always get Dad some of his favorite artists' CD's, or get him some great albums featuring songs about fathers, like "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens, "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon, or "Just the Two of Us" by Will Smith, to name a few.DVD's - $20
- You can't beat the latest releases
that Dad can't wait to watch!
It's always a great triumph when you decide on that perfect gift. What are some of the best Father's Day gift ideas you've ever had?