Now that summer is over, it's time to update your beauty routine for the upcoming cold weather. While you should definitely update your cosmetics (we're in love with the "new" red lip
) , don't forget to stock your beauty drawer with winter basics like a great lip moisturizer, sunscreen (yes, you still need it during the colder months), and other great moisturizers for your face and body. Check out our top picks below:
1. CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture, $6.69
- Tinted moisturizers help cover your imperfections and give you a healthy "summer glow" during the fall and summer months. We like the Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer because it's a lightweight formula that doesn't feel sticky or clogs your pores.
2. Neutrogena Age Shield Face, Sunblock Lotion, SPF 90+
- Just because summer is over, that doesn't mean it's time to pack up your sunscreen. This oil free face sunblock lotion has a high SPF (90+) for maximum sun protection. It's lightweight and non-greasy,so it absorbs quickly into skin and can be used under your day moisturizer.
3. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF 15, $3.99
- This lip moisturizer is a must-have during the cold winter months. Put this on your lips prior to adding your lipstick to keep your puckers moisturized and flake free.
4. Blistex DCT Lip Conditioner, SPF 20, $2.19
- Blistex DCT is a medicated lip conditioner that combines moisturizers, vitamins and protectants to help replenish moisture and give relief to dry and cracked lips.
5. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, $20.49
- If you need major hydrating then this cream's amino-peptide complex provides intracellular hydration to help regenerate your skin's cells.
6. ANEW ALTERNATIVE Intensive Eye Cream AM/PM, $12.99
- Keep yourself looking as bright as a summer day with this anti-aging eye cream that will hydrate the skin around your eyes and banish your dreary, dark circles. You'll look younger, more refreshed, and you'll find yourself going ditching the concealer before long. It is especially safe on sensitive skin.
7. got2b Spa Hand Shake Treatment, $6.95
- Do not neglect your hands! Cool, dry air can wreak havoc on the delicate, thin skin of your hands. Avoid the trouble and pain of dry hands with Got2B's formula. It has the consistency of mayo, but it smells great, it won't leave your hands feeling greasy, and it has no calories to fear. This spa treatment will leave your hands feeling silky-smooth almost immediately.
8. Nivea Happy Sensation, $5.99
- Nivea's newest body lotion not only does a great job of moisturizing, but it also gets you and others around you feeling a little bit more cheery. Nivea Happy Sensations Body Lotion invigorates the senses (and improves moods) with a citrus scent. Slather some on after a shower or before you go out, and you'll have perfectly refreshed skin for the day or night.
9. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub, $14.10
- Exfoliation is a must for healthy, luminous skin throughout the year. This Eucalyptus Spearmint Sugar Scrub from Bath & Body Works' Aromatherapy line is made of exfoliating sugar and a moisturizing blend of sunflower, safflower, sweet almond and jojoba oils to leave your skin feeling silky smooth and oh so good. The eucalyptus and spearmint essential oils also work to help clear you mind and relax, which would be exactly what you need at the end of a long day.
10. Flexitol Heel Balm, $10.99
- After a summer of flip flops, your heels are probably a drier, rougher version of what you used to have. And since cooler weather isn't going to make matters any better, do yourself a favor by treating your heels to this balm. Add this to your exfoliation routine, and your feet will look and feel better than ever. It also works great to soften other rough patches.
**For more fashion tips and advice, please visit TheBudgetFashionista.com
More from AOL Shopping: Fall 2010 Boots for Women Under $100
Watch Us on YouTube: AOLShoppingtv
Become a Fan
Follow us on Twitter: AOL Shopping
for the AOL Shopping newsletter